Invisalign in Mirror Lake
Your Smile Matters, So Take Care of It Using Invisalign
Teeth alignment is often an excellent option for patients looking for more discreet orthodontic treatment. It can be used to treat a wide variety of dental issues, including crooked teeth, overcrowding, and gaps between the teeth. Teeth alignment takes about 12 months. If you are considering Invisalign near me, consult Dr. Hannah Doan or Dr. Josephine Lee to see if it is the proper treatment.
What Is Invisalign?
This is a new straightening solution that uses clear, removable aligners to shift teeth into their desired positions gradually. It has been on the market for over 10 years and can be used by people of all ages for various orthodontic treatments. These days, it's considered one of the most effective ways to get straighter teeth without braces or invasive surgery.
Types of Dental-Invisalign Techniques
Avalon Family Dentistry offers three different aligners: traditional, quick-trac, and premium. Traditional aligners are made from smooth plastic with rounded edges designed to move teeth in small increments over an average treatment time of 18 months.
Quick-trac aligners are made from smooth plastic with squared edges, which allow them to move teeth in large increments over an average treatment time of 12 months. They are recommended for people with mild to moderate dental alignment problems.
Premium aligners are made from clear medical-grade silicone and have a textured surface which helps them grip the teeth better, resulting in faster and more comfortable treatment. They are also custom-fit to each patient's teeth, making them more comfortable to wear.
Who Can Use Invisalign?
It can be used by people of all ages for various orthodontic treatments. It is most commonly used to straighten teeth, but it can also correct overbites, underbites, and crossbites. Aligners can also be used to close gaps between teeth, correct TMJ dysfunction, and alleviate bruxism (teeth grinding).
How Does Invisalign Work?
Aligners are worn for 22 hours a day and must be taken out while eating and brushing your teeth. The aligners apply pressure to the teeth in specific areas, gradually moving the teeth into their desired position. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before it is replaced with a new one to ensure no issues while moving forward.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
- It is nearly invisible, making it a great choice for self-conscious people about their teeth.
- Aligners can be removed for eating and brushing your teeth, making them more convenient than traditional braces.
- There is no metal or wires to cause irritation or discomfort in your mouth.
- It is a more affordable option than other orthodontic treatments.
- It is the only option for people with certain dental conditions that prevent them from wearing traditional braces.
- It can be customized to meet each patient's specific needs and goals.
Invisalign-Side Effects and Risks
Like any other orthodontic treatment, teeth aligners have risks and side effects that you should be aware of. Some common side effects include:
- Tooth pain or soreness
- Discomfort while wearing the aligners
- Gums may become irritated
- Alignment problems if the aligners are not worn as directed
- Increased sensitivity to hot and cold
- Jaw pain or stiffness
- Damage to teeth if aligners are not removed for eating and brushing
- Tooth decay if aligners are not cleaned properly
Invisalign Near Me
If you are considering Invisalign near me, visit Avalon Family Dentistry in Mirror Lake or book an appointment with Dr. Doan or Dr. Lee. We offer customized aligners to meet your specific needs and goals. Our team also provides a free consultation to learn more about the treatment and how it works. Call today!