Your Health and Safety Are Our Top Priorities
Eight weeks is a very long time to be away and not be able to care for patients! We are thankful to be back open to serve you! We are doing our very best to reach out to all that were affected by the Covid closure.
Feel free to call our office to schedule, if you know you are coming due! We have implemented the use of additional PPE (personal protective equipment) to keep our staff safe, so we can continue to serve you in an uninterrupted fashion! We have chosen not to pass that cost onto patients, because our priority is you, the patient!
As we welcome you back to our office, we want you to feel confident in knowing we're committed to maintaining a safe environment. We are implementing extra precautions above the standard recommendation to ensure this.
Our office has always followed the highest infection control standards and will continue to monitor the guidelines set forth by CDC, ADA, and OSHA. Their guidelines are instrumental in keeping you and our staff safe as well as preventing the spread of any infection.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with what's changing, and if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to call us: (253) 941-6365.
Here's What You Can Expect
- Before your appointment, we will ask you a series of health screening questions. Any patients with of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to delay their appointment.
- Patient forms and payments can be completed online to limit contact.
- Please do not bring anyone with you to the appointment. Guests will be asked to wait outside the office (exceptions will be made for dependents).
- When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your car and call us to check-in. We will let you know when we are ready for you.
- Please wear a mask or face covering when you arrive at our office, and do not remove it until you are seated in the dental chair.
- We will check your temperature at the door.
- You will be asked to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- We are altering our schedule to reduce the number of patients in the office at once. This will help us social distance and maintain infection control.
- Please keep this in mind when scheduling or rescheduling.
- Our hours of operation remain the same.
- All staff will be screened and have their temperature taken daily.
- Office staff will wear a mask at all times.
- Clinical staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- After every patient, we will thoroughly disinfect the exam room, door handles, surfaces, etc.
- We have added HEPA filtration units in the clinical areas.
- All staff will be trained and continually updated on office protocols.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have removed over half of the seating in the reception area. All patients are asked to call from their car to limit the number of people we have in the reception area at one time.
- We have the capability of having windows open in our clinical area to allow for fresh air circulation. We have also implemented the use of special adapters on our high volume suction so it can be used during the entire cleaning procedure to reduce the amount of aerosol.
We Are Here for You
Our office is committed to helping you, our staff, and our community stay safe and healthy. As new guidelines develop, we will continue to evolve our office protocols.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We want you to feel informed and confident in your healthcare decisions.
Ready to visit us? Schedule an appointment today!